TELUX – Light smog metering
- Monitoring the level of light pollution in municipalities – A unique opportunity to evaluate the negative impact of artificial lighting on the population.
- High measurement sensitivity even for low light levels – Very precise data in the evening and night intervals.
- Measured data clearly in charts and statistics – Reports over individual days (basis for light pollution map).
Light pollution is a sign for the negative phenomena that come with artificial lighting. The main manifestation of this pollution is the penetration of light into houses and glare in places where it is not desirable. The negative effects of light smog affect almost all inhabitants and represent not only an ecological risk, but mainly a health one resulting from sleep disorders.
Our precision wireless luxmeters regularly monitor the level of ambient light pollution. The sensor provides data on the average value of the ambient light within a short-measured interval. The measured data are presented to the user on the web with the possibility of transfer to an external application, for example as a basis for a light smog map.
It is easy
- Wireless sensor, small in size and maintenance-free – The probe can be easily attached to street lamps.
- Data presentation on the web with the possibility of export – Easy access to data even from mobile devices.
- Basis for creating a map of light smog – Do you want to solve the burden of the population from unwanted lighting? You get the data.
|Range||visible light spectrum|
|Measuring range||0.1 mLux – 65 kLux|
|Period||15 min (default, adjustable)|
|Filter||optical, suppression of infrared radiation|
|Operating temperature||-25 °C to +65 °C|
|Battery||2x AA 3.6 V 2.600 mAh (lithium)|
|Battery life||1 year (for the default settings)|
|Dimensions||145 mm x 64 mm x 40 mm|