TERA Wireless Regulating Systems
TERA Systems for Regulating Radon Concentrations in Buildings
The TERA systems allow measuring and regulating radon concentration in residential spaces. Radon measuring probes distributed in a building transmit the current radon concentration values to the actuator. If the set values are exceeded, the actuator will switch the air-conditioning unit (fan) and ensures that the contaminated spaces will be vented. The TERA regulating systems represent cheap and energy-saving nondestructive solution of monitoring and curative anti-radon action not only for existing buildings.
- Measuring and analyzing the volume activity of radon – Determination of current and long-term concentrations
- Regulating the volume activity of radon – Connection of the system with a fan (anti-radon action)
- Health protection – Effective type of active health protection
- 24/7 monitoring – Continuous measuring
- Accompanying measures – Temperature, humidity and pressure in measured spaces
- Cheap solution – Low cost electronic system in comparison with expensive destructive solution
- Economic solution – It effectively ventilate only if it is needed – energy saving
- Technical support – As the manufacturer we provide wide technical support and service
TERA Wireless Regulation Systems
Radon measuring probes located in building transmit their current radon concentration values to central unit wirelessly. Central unit analyzes this information and on the basis of measured (set) concentration level value it sends command to actuator (wireless actuator or actuator in central unit can be use) which is hardwired with power relay. Power relay switches on a fan which decreases radon concentration within an area. After decreasing of radon concentration, actuator receives command to switch off fan. This cycle repeats depending on increasing or decreasing volume activity of radon in building. If the radio signal strength between individual elements is insufficient, a repeater must be used to extend the signal.
- Wireless communication – Non-destructive installation into existing buildings
- High mobility -Easy transfer and installation of the system in buildings
- Remote control possibility over internet – Current status of system and radon concentration is possible to watch from everywhere e.g. by smart phone
- Easy implementation into smart – Standart interface and protocols, using scripts of third party
TERA regulating system elements
- TSR4 Wireless and USB Radon Probe
- It measures radon concentration. It stores the measurement results. It sends the results to the central unit. Powered from internal accumulator. Charging over power adapter or via USB. Multiple probes can form a wireless measuring network of the MESH type.
- Central unit TCR 4A
- It controls the entire wireless measuring and regulating system. It analyzes the current measured concentration values. It allows operating the system both manually over keypad and using software in your PC over USB interface. Powered from internal accumulator. Charging over power adapter or via USB.
- Repeater TRR 2
- A wireless battery network element which increases the signal range between the central unit, probe and actuator.
- Actuator (wireless relay) TAR 2
- A switching wireless battery element which, in cooperation with a power element, switches an air-conditioning unit for venting (e.g. a fan, electronically operated window, etc.)
- Power element (relay) TPS 2
- It allows switching air-conditioning units with higher power.
- Control and configuration software (PC application) TERAview
- It provides extended system control and diagnostic options via PC.
|Average measurement sensitivity||0,25 count/hour/Bq.m-3|
(method RaA+RaC; 15°C ÷ 30°C; rel. hum. 20% ÷ 40%)
|Measuring range||MDA – 100 000 Bq/m3;|
MDA = 100 Bq/m3 per 1 hour or 20 Bq/m3 per 24 hours
|Measurement uncertainty||< 13% at 300 Bq/m3 per 1 hour;|
< 3% at 300 Bq/m3 per 24 hour
|Measurement algorithm||slower, more sensitive (calculated from RaA + RaC)|
quicker, less sensitive (calculated from RaA)
|Measuring relative humidity range||10 – 90 %|
|Measuring temperature range||-20 to +60 °C|
|Measuring barometric pressure range (terminal unit only)||150 – 1150 hPa|
|Max number of measuring network elements||16 (probes,actuators,repeaters)|
|Probe to terminal unit distance (RF range)||depends on the number of walls and building material, up to 600 m in open space|
|The possibility of using the repeater for the RF range extending||yes|
|The connection between the terminal unit and the control element (relay)||wired / wireless|
|Alarm threshold||adjustable, default 200 Bq·m-3|
|Results reading interval (terminal unit)||240-65535 sec (4 min – 18.2 hours)|
|Records saving interval (probe)||1-255 minutes, default 1 hour|
|Results memory capacity in terminal unit||100 days (1 probe,1 hour records)|
|Results memory capacity in probe||150 days|
|System life without charging||> 1 year|
|Radon concentration results display||short-term (1 hour running average)|
long-term (24 hours running average)
|Maximum switching power (central unit, actuator)||30W DC (1A/30V)|
|Maximum switching power (power relay)||1500 VA AC (6A/250V)|
RadonView – PC application for easy viewing of measuring radon records and spectrums from SURO (NRPI).